My name is Mark Gomez..
I am a progressing 22 year old Professional jet ski Freerider(Surf Rider), World Champion Racer, and Stuntman, from Fullerton, CA. I have been riding stand up Jet Ski’s since the age of 7 1/2. I have been avidly riding out of Oceanside, CA, in the surf for the last 8 years. The sport of Jet Ski Freeride alone is best defined by taking the world’s best surfing contest, the world’s best Motor cross freestyle tricks, and blending them all together to create an intense and exciting sport of Jet Ski Freeride(MotoSurf).
To get a better look of my early progress, read the article from my alumni high School’s paper titled,”Living to Freeride.” This was a full page paper written when I was a senior at Troy High School about my early progress with my Freeride lifestyle.
Over the last few years I have been traveling and networking to industry events has opened up doors to new and exciting opportunities. These new opportunities consist of closed course racing, flat water freestyle, and stunt work. For a better understanding how my stunt career was ignited, read the article by Jeff Hemmel from PersonalWatercraft.com titled, “The Life of Mark Gomez.”
When I am out of the water, I work part time performing at the Waterworld live stunt show at Universal Studios Hollywood. Before I moved on to universal. I worked as a PWC mechanic at Pacific Motorsports for 5 years working to learn about the ski’s I ride and all about the watercraft industry. When I am home from work I am either updating my website, checking the surf forecast, seeing what is new and exciting within the Freeride community on www.X-H2o.com, or working on my ski to prepare for the next event.
I am unconditionally supported by my Mom and brother Philip at our family bakery Patty’s Cakes & Desserts. I am also supported by my family, friends, sponsors, and all my fellow riders who appreciate and share the equal drive to excel at the sport to make a difference in what we believe in. Having some of the best riders, mentors, also as friends such as current 2x world champion, Ross Champion and Surf legend/Icon, Randy Laine continually encouraging me and offering guidance. I am driven to make a difference in this sport not only for myself but the community/family of Freeriders all over the world. I encourage any person with interest in the sport to contact me with any questions.
My goal for 2012 is to compete in this year’s US and international Freeride events & contests. I aim to race for another world title, and compete in flat water freestyle at many of the DJSA/APBA/ IJSBA race tour stops. All these goals will not be possible without the help and support from my current and future sponsors. I always make a strong effort to attend as many freerides as I can, generating positive exposure for the sport, encouraging more and more young riders to follow their passion, and to assist in their riding progress.
Titles and Highlights
- 3rd Place – 2012 Daytona Beach Freeride Pro “Sickest Trick” Contest
- 9th Place – 2011 Blowsion SurfSlam Pro Freeride class
- 2nd Place – Sickest Trick Contest at 2011 Grayland Open
- 5th Place – 2010 Blowsion Surf Slam Pro Freeride class
- 1st Place – 2009 Blowsion SurfSlam Amateur Freeride class
- 2008 Joe Kenney Rookie of the year award
- 3rd Place- Amateur Ski Open at Jettribe Lake Perris Open June 2012
- 2nd Place- Amateur Ski Open Round 1 & 2 at APBA Race, Parker, AZ 2012
- 3rd Place – Pro Ski Open “8 Gran Premio” Motosurf Race in Villa Gesell, Argentina 2012
- World Champion – Amateur Ski Lites Racing Class at the IJSBA World Finals 2011
- 1st Place – Pro Motosurf Race at 2011 Blowsion SurfSlam
- 1st Place – Pro Motosurf Race at the 2011 Grayland Open
- 1st Place – Novice Ski Limited Round 1 & 2 at APBA Race, Parker, AZ 2011
- 3rd Place – Novice Ski Stock Round 1 at APBA Race, Parker, AZ 2011
- 3rd Place – Novice Ski Limited Round 1 & 2 at APBA Race, Parker, AZ 2010
- 3rd Place – Pro & AM Motosurf Race at Daytona Beach Freeride 2010
- 2nd Place- Amateur Freestyle at Jettribe Lake Perris Open June 2012
- 9th Place – Amateur Freestyle World Finals 2010
- 1st Place – Freestyle Round 2 at APBA Race, Parker, AZ 2010
- Jet Stunt Extreme Live stunt show Performances at Sea World, Australia – April 2012
- Jet Ski Pirates live stunt show performance at 2012 Toowoomba show/ Toowoomba, Australia
- Performer – Waterworld Live Stunt Show, Universal Studios Hollywood 2011 – Present
- Jet Ski Racer – Dreamworks Movie “I Am Number Four” February 2011
- Stunt double – Adidas National Commercial October 2010
Click Here or the to view my 2011-2012 PWC Resume PDF
I am open and willing to coordinate any Stunt work, Performances, Interviews, Sponsorship opportunities, and more.
Please feel free to contact me