My name is Mark Gomez..
I am 26 years old and proud to say I am also the 2015 IFWA Freeride World Champion. I have also won a world title in Racing, perform as a Stuntman, and just this year stepped into Pro flatwater Freestyle. Born and raised in Fullerton, CA and have been riding stand up Jet Ski’s since the age of 7 1/2. I have been avidly riding out of Oceanside, CA, in the surf for the last 12 years. The sport of Jet Ski Freeride alone is best defined by taking the world’s best surfing contest, the world’s best Motorcross freestyle tricks, and blending them all together to create an intense and exciting sport of Jet Ski Freeride(MotoSurf).
To get a better look of my early progress, read the article from my alumni high School’s paper titled,”Living to Freeride.” This was a full page paper written when I was a senior at Troy High School about my early progress with my Freeride lifestyle.
Over the last few years I have been traveling and networking to industry events has opened up doors to new and exciting opportunities. These new opportunities consist of closed course racing, flat water freestyle, and stunt work. For a better understanding how my stunt career was ignited, read the article by Jeff Hemmel from PersonalWatercraft.com titled, “The Life of Mark Gomez.”
When I am out of the water, I work part time performing at the Waterworld live stunt show at Universal Studios Hollywood. Before I moved on to universal. I worked as a PWC mechanic for over 10 years working to learn about the ski’s I ride and all about the watercraft industry. When I am home from work I am usually stressing out, chipping away at all of the things most athletes hire managers to do that I do myself. It seems this year is a never ending snowball of phone calls, emails, and social media updates to coordinate trips/equipment and promote what it is that I’m doing for my sponsors. Its a completely unbalanced life and worth every moment when I get to travel and ride at the places I have been able to make it to.
I am unconditionally supported by my Mom and brother Philip at our family bakery Patty’s Cakes & Desserts. I am also supported by my family, friends, sponsors, and all my fellow riders who appreciate and share the equal drive to excel at the sport to make a difference in what we believe in. Having some of the best riders, mentors, also as friends such as current 2x world champion, Ross Champion and Surf legend/Icon, Randy Laine continually encouraging me and offering guidance. I am driven to make a difference in this sport not only for myself but the community/family of Freeriders all over the world. I encourage any person with interest in the sport to contact me with any questions.
For years I have began to diversify my riding in different aspects of the sport where i could but have always kept Freeriding first. Especially last year fully committing to the IFWA world tour and winning it. This year with the help of my incredible sponsors including my main equipment sponsor Rickter-RRP. I am ramping up to professionally compete in all 3 aspects of the sport. Building another Rickter Edge Freeride ski to take on another IFWA Freeride world title on all 6 stops this year. I will also be building a full pro level DASA 1200cc Rickter XFR Lt to take on pro freestyle. All skis built to their full and best performing potential by my mechanic and legendary freerider Taylor Curtis at TC Freeride. I am aiming to attend all of the Pro Watercross National Tour national tour stops. I will be racing Pro lies/stock as well as competing in Pro Freestyle at every tour stop. Between all of those events along with the individual events around and in between, I will be attending 24 events over the span of 12 months!
Titles and Highlights
- 2015 IFWA FREERIDE WORLD CHAMPION
- 2014 Cronulla Beach Australia RipnRide – Best of the Best Champion
- 2nd Place – Daytona Beach Freeride Surf & Style contest
- 1st Place – 2014 Grayland Open Pro Freeride Nationals
- 1st Place – 2014 Daytona Beach Freeride Surf & Style Contest
- 1st Place – 2013 Daytona Beach Freeride “Surf & Style” Contest
- 2nd Place – Sickest Trick Contest at 2011 Grayland Open
- 5th Place – 2010 Blowsion Surf Slam Pro Freeride class
- 1st Place – 2009 Blowsion SurfSlam Amateur Freeride class
- 2008 Joe Kenney Rookie of the year award
- 1st Place – Pro AquaMoto surf Race at 2015 Daytona Freeride
- 1st Place – Pro Motosurf Race at 2014 Blowsion SurfSlam
- 3rd In the World – Amateur Ski Open Racing Class at the IJSBA World Finals 2013
- 1st Place – Pro Motosurf Race at 2013 Blowsion SurfSlam
- 2nd Place- Amateur Ski Lites at QPWC Atkinsons Dam Race QLD, Australia Feb 2013
- 3rd Place – Pro Ski Open “8 Gran Premio” Motosurf Race in Villa Gesell, Argentina 2012
- World Champion – Amateur Ski Lites Racing Class at the IJSBA World Finals 2011
- 1st Place – Pro Motosurf Race at 2011 Blowsion SurfSlam
- 1st Place – Pro Motosurf Race at the 2011 Grayland Open
- 1st Place – Novice Ski Limited Round 1 & 2 at APBA Race, Parker, AZ 2011
- 1st Place- Amateur Freestyle at Hot Products Lake Perris Open 2/2 June 2013
- 2nd Place- Amateur Freestyle at UWP National Tour stop at Sparks, NV July 2013
- 2nd Place- Amateur Freestyle at Jettribe Lake Perris Open June 2012
- 9th Place – Amateur Freestyle World Finals 2010
- 1st Place – Freestyle Round 2 at APBA Race, Parker, AZ 2010
- Performer – Waterworld Live Stunt Show, Universal Studios Hollywood 2011 – Present
- Jet Ski Racer – Dreamworks Movie “I Am Number Four” February 2011
- Stunt double – Adidas National Commercial October 2010
I am open and willing to coordinate any Stunt work, Performances, Interviews, Sponsorship opportunities, and more.
Please feel free to contact me